I don’t ever get these – and I refuse to keep it going – but since someone (Star Wars Anonymous) tagged me, I’ll at least answer some questions, spout random facts, and show you my gloriousness in full color.
This is me and my muse and we are fantastically happy:
Here are 11 facts:
1. I secretly love Microsoft and wish that things had gone as planned and they had taken over the world.
2. I secretly love robots and wish that things had gone as planned and they had taken over the world.
3. I secretly love to write sentences using the “I secretly love … and wish that things had gone as planned and they had taken over the world” formula.
4. I was once attacked by a screaming caterpillar.
5. I wrote my first fiction at age 5. It was a story about how my father and I would take a canoe made of cheese down to San Antonio. I call it fiction because it was a lie that I told as if it were absolutely true.
6. I have an unhealthy obsession with doing things in order – and refusing to participate in activities where they are done out of order. This is especially true for movies, television series, books, comics, games, etc.
7. I was once that guy at the end of the bar that pretended to be a writer by not talking to anyone, getting extremely drunk, and then writing about it.
8. I’ve had a series of recurring dreams about Hunter S. Thompson, Kurt Vonnegut, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, and Les Claypool in which they all tell me that I am destined for great things if i would just get off my ass and do them.
9. My muse is flesh and blood and I am in love with her and plan to conquer a universe with her – probably the microuniverse since we’re bigger than it.
10. Orange is my absolute favorite color.
11. My favorite Marvel superhero, at the moment, is the Earth-616 60-70s Vision.
And now to answer the questions posed:
1) Do you actually want to be participating in this blog tag right now?
2) What does the future hold for you?
The door I intend to walk through, hopefully. That would be courteous of it – perhaps temporal chivalry is not dead.
3) What is the biggest lie you have ever told?
4) What’s your favorite moment in Star Wars?
It’s a tie, and more about the music than the action – Battle of Hoth and The Asteroid Field in Empire Strikes Back
5) Have you ever done a really nice act and no one has witnessed it? You know you should feel good about just doing the nice thing with no one watching, but you actually kinda want some credit. What was that nice thing? Share it with the world! (finally)
I hacked into my high school’s server to reverse a lot of terrible things a friend of mine had done to it. I did it to keep him from getting expelled – knowing he hadn’t covered his tracks. He still doesn’t know why his malicious plan never succeeded.
6) What’s your favorite weather?
Light rain and thunder in the early summer.
7) What did you think you were going to be when you grew up? Do you still want to be that? Are you that?
Paleontologist. No. No.
8) What’s the best food or drink you’ve ever had?
Panzarotti di spanici – I think that’s what it’s called
9) What’s one regret?
An ill-advised purchase of a Ford F-150 when I knew better.
10) What’s your biggest pet peeve?
Postcard wisdom – which is passing knowledge to someone else based on something someone else has told you without actually knowing what the hell you are talking about.
11) What’s your guilty pleasure music right now?
The Flaming Lips
Here’s 11 questions you can answer quietly to yourself:
1. What is the difference between popcorn and popped corn?
2. Are there 13 hours in a day, or just 12?
3. On a clock face, how many different times are there for each time the hands sit at a 90 degree angle?
4. How can you oppose opposition?
5. How many days are on a typical calendar?
6. If you have two hands, would you use them?
7. If an unstoppable force and an immovable object have kids, can you push them around?
8. What is reality?
9. What’s my name?
10. What do Vision, Wonder Man, and the Human Torch have in common?
11. What is the only way to kill a vindaloo?